Georgios Moutzourogeorgos is the Drydocking/Fleet Manager of Maran Gas Maritime Inc., a position which he has held since Jan 2016. For the years 2001-2004 was holding the position of Superintendent Engineer in various Greek Shipping companies. In 2004 had join one of the biggest repair shipyards - Drydock World Dubai as a Ship Repair Manager and in 2006 went up the hierarchy as Production Control Manager until 2011. In 2012 joined Maran Gas and took the position of the Site Manager in HSHI for ten (10) new building LNG carries until 2016.
He holds a B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Marine Engineering from the University of Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Mr. Mavrelos holds degrees from Chios Naval Engineering Academy in Marine Engineering and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical engineering from Sunderland Polytechnic UK. In addition he has a Master’s of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering in Gas Dynamics and Thermodynamics in Internal Combustion Engines from University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology UK.
Mr. Mavrelos has over 40 years of experience in the maritime Industry in Technical Management, including auditing and compliance with International Rules and Regulations, new construction of vessels and management of ships in operation.
He is serving as a Technical Director for Capital Ship Management Corp. since 2002, been in charge of numerous newbuilding projects, besides Technical management of the existing fleet, which he continues until today. His engineering experience includes, environmental compliance and awareness, accident / incident analysis and investigation techniques, amongst others. As an auditor / classification surveyor he conducted numerous appraisals and audits of shipping companies including classification / statutory surveys of ships worldwide. His qualifications and vast experiences besides, Technical management include: Tutoring. Classification / Statutory surveys for new buildings and Ships in Operation, ISM auditing and Loss control Management .
Gireesh MenonManaging Director
Gireesh M Menon is the Managing Director of Aries Group of companies. Headquartered in Sharjah, the company established in 1998, now operates in 15 countries around the world. With interests in diversified fields like oil & gas, Shipping, event management, 3D animation, studios, theatres and film production, the group now has 45 companies in its portfolio. Mr. Menon is a Naval Architect by profession and has a degree in Naval Architecture from Cochin university and Masters in marine technology from Newcastle university.
He is presently pursuing his doctorate in Naval Architecture and heads the design and Engineering division in Aries Group. He has been at the forefront of many innovative designs, consultancy works and organizing events undertaken throughout his 18 year tenure with Aries Group. Leading a team of over 200 engineering personnel, he has been instrumental in establishing Aries marine as one of the leading Engineering and design consultancy firm in the world, with expertise in a wide range of activities including Offshore Engineering, Naval Architecture, Surveys, Auditing, 3D scanning, Drone inspections, Subsea Engineering and much more. Under his leadership, the company has been involved in new build designs, retrofits and conversions of a wide variety of ship types including tankers, Cable ships, LNG ships, Rigs, offshore platforms and many more.
Frode Helland-EvebøVice President Direct Sales
Experienced Vice President Direct Sales in Pacific Green Technologies Inc. with a demonstrated history of working in the maritime industry. Skilled in Negotiation, Sales, Engineering, Business Development, and International Business. Strong sales professional with a Bachelor focused in Industrial Marketing from Oslo University College (HiO).
Antony VourdachasEngineer I, Senior
Antony Vourdachas joined ABS in April 2014 and is currently working for Advisory Services as a Senior Engineer working on environmental and performance issues. He started his career as a Design and Production Engineer at the Devonport Dockyard in Plymouth and moved on to become a Research Associate at the School of Marine Science and Technology at Newcastle University involved in a European Ballast Water project (MARTOB). Prior to joining ABS, he worked for OSG in a number of technical positions in project engineering and planned maintenance.
Antony holds a B.Eng. in Small Craft Engineering and an M.Res. in Marine Engineering from the School of Marine Science and Technology at Newcastle University, England.
Philoktimon RossolymosBEng, MSc and MBA
Superintendent Engineer at Stealth Maritime since 2013.
Have participated in the plan approval , new building supervision and operational / technical supervision of vessel equipped with hybrid scrubber.
Praveen KurupMechanical engineering/SSPC Certified Coating Inspector
Working at Aries group of Companies since 2006 in positions-Hull Inspector/Project Engineer/Senior Manager –Corrosion Control Services/Asst.
GM –Aries Repair & Maintenance Services
More than 10 Years of experiences in inspection/repair and maintenance services
Maritime Events ABOUT SHIPTEK 2019 – GREECE
The legacy of ShipTek continues to take its position as a benchmark in the Maritime Sector. ShipTek has become a world brand. With previous 11 editions of ShipTek has been extraordinarily successful it has already established as one of the leading events within the Maritime Industry.
Aimed at key decision makers and high level policy takers, the event takes place at a time when there is growing optimism about the future of many sectors of the regional shipping business. The Conference aims to focus on key market trends, giving attendees a unique insight into the opportunities that exist. The intention is that attendees will leave the event with a much clearer idea about future trade patterns, and market influences, so they are better placed build the foundations for longer term business growth.
ShipTek has been blessed with a continuum of leader’s foresights and hence is an event that is setting a revolution in the Maritime world. Your esteemed support has brought ShipTek this far and we believe that your continual support will be with us throughout. The forerunners of ShipTek were all billed as ideal events which orchestrated turnarounds in the marine world.
The International Maritime Metropolis GREECE is going to be epicenter of this scintillating celebration of Mariners. This mega event will comprise of the following integral segments:
- One day International Conference on the hottest current issues
- 12 th Edition of ShipTek International Maritime Awards
The ShipTek International Awards are considered to be the most prestigious awards in the maritime industry which is the main stay of ShipTek 2019, an opportunity to walk up the steps of credence.
Welcome fresher’s those who are new!! Welcome the seasoned!! Welcome back to this journey of exploration, revelation and awe. Welcome into the ideal haven of mariners, with versatility in ideas and vibrancy in deliverance.
SHIPTEK INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE TOPICS
- Marpol 2020 requirements for fuels and their impact on Shipping Industry
- Exhaust Gas Cleaning Solutions
- The Future of the Global Marine Industry
- Environmental Regulations, New Policies and Requirements
- Biofouling: latest technologies and developments
- Sulphur 2020 – From fuel procurement to combustion
- Ballast Water Treatment Systems: Closer look on regulations, Technologies, Monitoring
- Scrubber Systems – 2020 enforcement for controlled sulfur emissions
- Considerations for Scrubber Retrofitting heading to 2020
- Energy Efficient Ship design and Operation
SHIPTEK INTERNATIONAL MARITIME AWARDS
- Tanker Operator of the Year
- Best OEM of the Year
- Ship Owner of the year
- Bulk Operator of the Year
- Best Service Provider- Marine
- Ship Management Company of the Year
- Best Insurance Provider
- Rising Star- Organization
- Box Ship Operator of the Year
- Best Shipping Agency
- Excellence Professional Services – Marine
- Classification Society of the Year
- Best Eco Compliant Ship Owner of the Year
- Best Regional Maritime Heritage Organization
LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
- Life Time Achievement Award – Maritime Services
- Life Time Achievement Award- Entrepreneurship
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Nomination entries are free of charge
- All entries will be acknowledged. If no acknowledgment is received within seven days of submission, please mail us at email@example.com
- Entrants will also be notified by email if they are shortlisted
- The judges shall have sole and absolute discretion in determining whether or not an application meets the requirements of or is in accordance with these rules and regulations
- The Judging Panel reserves all rights to exclude any nomination that is improperly submitted or arrives after the deadline. Thereafter, all decisions on the eligibility of candidates will be made by the panel
- The dress code for the Award Night is strictly Formals.
- The entry for the Award Evening will be strictly on Invitation basis as the seats will be limited
- All submissions will be assessed by a judging panel of eminent personalities representing Maritime Sector.
- No correspondence as to the reason why a particular entry was not successful will be entertained.
- The decision of the Judges will be final and undisputable. All data and synopsis will become the property of the Organizer and part of its archives.
- By submitting an entry, you agree that Organizer shall have permission to publish any material contained in the submission. Award entry material is on the public record and no content will be treated confidentially.
- Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Organizer reserves the right to amend, modify or terminate the competition at any time.
- Shortlisted companies will be advised of further details prior to the awards. Shortlisted entrants should ensure in writing that they or their representative(s) are able to attend the ceremony
- Winners will receive a trophy and a certificate.
- All short-listed companies may use the Shiptek 2019 logo on their websites, stationery and publicity material in relation to the subject of the short listed entry.